ANAM ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
The Australian National Academy of Music (ANAM) wishes to appoint an Artistic Director who can provide exceptional leadership to Australia’s pre-eminent music performance training institution.
The Artistic Director will be accountable to the Board to achieve the goal of international excellence as s/he takes the organisation into its third decade of operations.
The Board is open to applications from candidates with both a full-time or a part-time availability. In the event of the latter outcome, a corresponding support and staffing structure would be developed to support them in their leadership of the organisation.
The Artistic Director – or members of a leadership group - will be responsible for the artistic and pedagogical leadership of the organisation, including:
· Appointment and direction of the teaching faculty and guest artists;
· Development and delivery of training programs, including performance and creative projects;
· Oversight of students’ musical development;
· Representing ANAM’s vision and achievements to a national and international community.
Candidates should have:
· An outstanding reputation as an eminent and inspirational musician;
· A demonstrated commitment to nurturing young Australian musicians and an Australian music culture;
· High levels of creativity and entrepreneurialism;
· Strong national and international performance, pedagogic and creative networks.
ANAM Artistic Director Position Description
· Initial inquiries may be directed in confidence to Mr Ian McRae (Chairman of ANAM) on
03 9645 7911;
· Applications should be forwarded to Ian McRae (Chairman), ANAM, 210 Bank St
SOUTH MELBOURNE VIC 3205, or email: c/- Charlotte Cassidy, email@example.com
· Applications close 15 June 2015, and interviews will take place in July.